MEDsys Software’s CEO, Ritch Adams presents Electronic Visit Verification at Michigan’s Home Care Annual Conference in Traverse City, MI.
MEDsys has been providing software for more than a decade helping agencies automate their workflow and help build their business by providing an all in one web-based solution. To this day, there are still many agencies on paper. Here are some examples of why going paperless and switching to an online platform can benefit your agency.
- Save Time – Manual processes like filling out paperwork can take less than half the time switching to an automated system, instead you can focus on your caregivers performance and your clients satisfaction.
- Electronic Forms and Paperwork – MEDsys being an EMR can turn any forms electronic, because it is stored in the cloud you can access it whenever, wherever, on any device. Have a pesky piece of paper lying around? Scan it and upload it into the system and you will wont have to worry about misplacing it.
- No More Time Sheets – MEDsys EVV/MVV makes clocking in and out effortless and takes less than a minute. Caregivers will not need to take the time to drop off their timesheets or sending them into the office. They can clock in/out conveniently via landline or mobile app. Their attendance including tasks performed will be collected and synced into the system automatically.
- Billing and Payroll – Completed schedules go right into scheduling and billing, a step that takes takes minutes into seconds turning it into a streamline solution.
- Save paper = Save money – The average amount of office supplies such as paperwork can cost a business over $1,000 per employee. By going digital, not only are you helping the environment, you can also help save yourself thousands of dollars a year.
With the mandate deadline less than a year from now, agencies that are located in “Provider Choice” or “Open” model states and provide medicaid services are required to select and implement an EVV vendor by January 2020.
TRAINING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Your EVV vendor should be able integrate with other software that your agency utilizes. If you use a management software or any third party systems, it is important to keep in mind that the vendor you choose should integrate with those systems. If your state is using the “Open Model” your vendor should be able to integrate with the state data aggregator.
Give your staff and clients their own MEDsys experience dedicated to their own account and information portals. Portals are used to manage and enhance communication between office staff, field staff and clients. Field staff and clients are given a separate account where they can log in on any device, anytime, anywhere and view information regarding their profile and scheduled visits.
All portal homepages can be customized. No more printing out schedules. No more calling the office and waiting to find out your caregivers next visit. Schedules can be viewed by the day, week, and month in Staff portals. Staff can also view and upload forms, view and complete any compliance items coming due, and can view any open schedules. Like Staff Portals, Client Portals can view schedules from the day to the month. Information about the Client can be uploaded to the system. Stay in compliance and keep your staff and client information secure. Portals are included with MEDsys Full Software version of VinCENT.
Find out more about Portals and how they are used in MEDsys Software by scheduling a demo here
When your running an agency, reports can take up time if you’re still building them manually. Reports collect agency information to help make analytical decisions and can show how your agency is performing. MEDsys offers a variety of different reports such as billing, scheduling, clients, financial, and more. If you have home health payors such as Medicaid, you will need to submit reports frequently. MEDsys reports makes it simple to schedule any report and have them ready at your convenience. Reports are always up to date and are easy to read. You can access reports from the homepage on your customizable dashboard, or access all in the reports tab. All reports can be saved and updated to the saved report. MEDsys also has ADHOC capabilities, where you can run any individual report or combination that best meets your needs.