As the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts the United States and countries around the world, MEDsys is monitoring this evolving situation closely. Our top priorities are the support and service of our clients and the safety of MEDsys team members. Continue reading “Important Message from MEDsys CEO”
- Don’t open an attachment unless you know who it is from & are expecting it.
- If you receive an attachment from someone you don’t know, don’t open it. Delete it immediately.
- Never give out your payment information over email.
- Change your passwords often and use strong passwords
- Use anti-virus software on your local machine, and make sure it’s kept up-to-date with the latest virus definitions.
- Hover your mouse over links before you click on them to see if the URL looks legitimate.
- Messages that contain threats to shut your account down
- Requests for personal information such as passwords or Social Security numbers
- Words like “Urgent” – false sense of urgency
- Forged email addresses
- Poor writing or bad grammar
MEDsys Software’s CEO, Ritch Adams presents Electronic Visit Verification at Michigan’s Home Care Annual Conference in Traverse City, MI.
MEDsys has been providing software for more than a decade helping agencies automate their workflow and help build their business by providing an all in one web-based solution. To this day, there are still many agencies on paper. Here are some examples of why going paperless and switching to an online platform can benefit your agency.
- Save Time – Manual processes like filling out paperwork can take less than half the time switching to an automated system, instead you can focus on your caregivers performance and your clients satisfaction.
- Electronic Forms and Paperwork – MEDsys being an EMR can turn any forms electronic, because it is stored in the cloud you can access it whenever, wherever, on any device. Have a pesky piece of paper lying around? Scan it and upload it into the system and you will wont have to worry about misplacing it.
- No More Time Sheets – MEDsys EVV/MVV makes clocking in and out effortless and takes less than a minute. Caregivers will not need to take the time to drop off their timesheets or sending them into the office. They can clock in/out conveniently via landline or mobile app. Their attendance including tasks performed will be collected and synced into the system automatically.
- Billing and Payroll – Completed schedules go right into scheduling and billing, a step that takes takes minutes into seconds turning it into a streamline solution.
- Save paper = Save money – The average amount of office supplies such as paperwork can cost a business over $1,000 per employee. By going digital, not only are you helping the environment, you can also help save yourself thousands of dollars a year.
With the mandate deadline less than a year from now, agencies that are located in “Provider Choice” or “Open” model states and provide medicaid services are required to select and implement an EVV vendor by January 2020.
TRAINING AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Your EVV vendor should be able integrate with other software that your agency utilizes. If you use a management software or any third party systems, it is important to keep in mind that the vendor you choose should integrate with those systems. If your state is using the “Open Model” your vendor should be able to integrate with the state data aggregator.