MEDsys Management Team
Chief Executive Officer
Prior to starting MEDsys, Ritch successfully founded, built, and sold a very large multi-branch, multi-state, Medicare, Medicaid, Waiver, and Private Duty agency. He is utilizing his home health management experience to create software that fits every agency. His successes in utilizing technology to drive efficiencies with patient centered care, utilizing smart flows, and driving outcomes gives MEDsys the edge over its competition. Ritch also founded and built a successful therapy company that works with over 50 home care agencies. In working with these agencies, he heard them voice the same problems regarding deficiencies with their current software. Listenting to these frustrations, Ritch decided to join forces with Dave Hernly, Sr., to create home care software by home care experts. MEDsys meets the ever evolving needs of each home care agency, from small private duty to large Medicare only agencies.
Ritch’s professional resume includes:
- 13 years in banking
- 20 years as an entrepreneur in the home health care industry
- Founded Heritage Health Care Services, Inc. in 1994, and sold the company in 2009
- Was one of the largest privately owned home health care agencies in the US with revenues exceeding $20 million
- Member of the Home Care Top 100
- Started ProHealth in 2007, a provider of occupational, physical and speech therapy in patients’ home and outpatient setting
David Hernly, Jr.
Chief Information Officer
David’s experience includes 25 years in the home health industry, both as an owner of a Medicare Certified home health agency, NCARE, which included Private Pay and Medicaid services and the CIO. Dave was a co-founder of a leading Research and Development Technology company that created nHome software to manage the home care agency’s multiple business lines. Dave also created a Payor Management Electronic Visit Verification and Software system that is used by multiple State Medicaid Programs. Dave brings a wealth of Home Care and Information Technology knowledge to the MEDsys team. His goal is to provide the clients with a product that is adaptable, customizable, user-friendly and above all, created by home care people. Dave embodies the MEDsys philosophy that the product is never finished and that it grows with each client’s input.
David’s professional resume includes:
- 25 years in the home health industry both as owner of a Medicare/Medicaid-certified home health agency and CIO
- CIO of NCARE Home Health which he built from the ground up and grew to over $3 million in annual revenue before selling in 2005
- Creation of a successful home care agency management software company which was sold to a home care technology company
- In 1995, started Nnovative Data Systems, Inc. company that specialized in software applications for the banking and home healthcare marketplaces
- NDSI utilized David’s creation of a software for home care that managed multiple business lines, is completely tailored to each unique agency and formally marketed as nHome Complete: A comprehensive home care agency management solution
- Creation of Government and Managed Care Organization Payor Management Software that is used in multiple states
- Sold NDSI in 2006 company which had 150 customers in 23 states, one of which was Ritch Adams, Heritage Health Care Services, Inc. a Home Care 100 Company.
Hank brings over 30 years of experience to the MEDsys team. He started his career in sales and marketing for healthcare products then moved into owning a homecare agency. While running a successful homecare agency in Virginia, Hank partnered with his father on the development and sales of homecare software. Hank’s goal is to have every agency utilize MEDsys as their software solution. He firmly believes in the vision and mission of MEDsys, which is to create an innovative and comprehensive solution to solve home care industry problems, through the use and development of technology.
Hank professional resume includes:
- 12 years as home health care agency owner
- 18 years as home care software vendor
- His career started with Calgon-Vestal, a subsidiary of Merck Pharmaceuticals, in the company’s Healthcare Division promoting its skin and wound care products to the hospital, homecare, and long term care markets
- Started NCARE Home Health in 1993 with David Hernly, Sr.
- NCARE annual revenue over 3 million prior to sale in 2005 to Amedisys
- While building NCARE to annual revenues over $3 million prior to its sale in 2005, Hank worked concurrently with sister company Nnovative Data Systems, Inc. (NDSI) as Home Complete (its comprehensive homecare agency software) was developed, and subsequently moved to NDSI full time as President in the Fall of 2000, in conjunction with the commercial launch of the product. By NDSI’s sale in 2006, the company had 150 homecare customers in 23 states, one of which being Adams’ Heritage Health Care Services.
EVP of Sales & Marketing
Jeff brings over 25 years of sales and marketing experience to MEDsys. The previous 6 years Jeff has been an EVP of Sales & Marketing within the Home Care Software Industry where he led enterprise sales and marketing organizations. Jeff started his career at AT&T and worked there 22 years. Some of Jeff’s assignments at AT&T Business were Marketing Manager for Data Communications, Business Development, Product Management and Call Center Management. Prior to Jeff leaving AT&T, he was responsible for managing the New York City Sales Center with over $350 Million in revenue and 120 employees. He also led his organization to participate in various charitable organizations such as Big Brother/Big Sister and Exploring For Youths in New York City.
Jeff’s professional resume includes:
- 25 years of Sales & Marketing
- AT&T School of Business through Wharton
- Clients included Fortune 500 Companies in Healthcare, Financial and Internet Verticals
- $350 Million in Annual Revenue
- Grew software and EVV annual revenues in Home Care to $50M
- Speaker at Various Home Care Association Meetings and Tradeshows
Vice President of Business Innovation & Optimization
David brings nearly 20 years of experience to MEDsys. He spent most of his career in the transportation industry. Most recently, he served as a leader in change management, providing effective solutions for business growth and innovation. He also managed a hauling site and transfer station while assisting other facilities in achieving business optimization and financial success. David is extremely motivated by MEDsys’ determination to delivering a customer-focused product to each of its customers.
His professional resume includes:
- Market Area Project Manager for implementation of Drivecam (Safety Program)
- Managed $30 million in annual operations revenue with full P&L responsibility
- Improved annual vehicle accident and injury rates by more than 300%
- Customer champion for large commercial, industrial, and residential contracts
- MBA in Strategic Management – Davenport University